Sustainable Homes’ website terms & conditions
Sustainable Homes is a subsidiary of Hastoe Housing Association. As such our modern slavery policies are in line with those of our parent company with some variations due to the different purpose of the business.
This section includes terms & conditions for general website use, event booking and SHIFT Awards.
You may access and use any part of Sustainable Homes’ website only if you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth below. If you do not accept these terms and conditions do not proceed any further and do not use this site. Some services or information provided through the Sustainable Homes website may be subject to additional terms and conditions as indicated in connection with registering for and using such services.
Use of the Sustainable Homes website is solely at Sustainable Homes’ discretion, and Sustainable Homes reserves the right to prohibit anyone from accessing, browsing, supplying information to or downloading information from the Sustainable Homes website.
Use of material
The Sustainable Homes website is protected under copyright laws and international conventions. The names of Sustainable Homes’ products and services in the pages are Sustainable Homes’ trademarks. Sustainable Homes grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited license that may not be sub-licensed to browse the Sustainable Homes website and use the Sustainable Homes website as follows:
Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, or criticism or review, as permitted under the UK Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988, no part of the Sustainable Homes website pages may be reproduced anywhere, in any medium, or transmitted (including retransmission) in any form or by any means to, or stored in any other Web site or in any form of retrieval system other than for the purpose of review and consideration of the information contained on the pages for the purposes of informing the decision to purchase or otherwise a Hastoe product or service.
For all other purposes whatsoever prior permission, in writing, must be obtained from Hastoe to use the information on these pages. The provision of such information does not bestow any rights whatsoever to the user to use the information for commercial, business or pecuniary gain other than through the purchase of the applicable and related Hastoe product or service.
Financial Conduct Authority
Sustainable Homes Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Trademarks and Brand Names
Sustainable Homes and the various Sustainable Homes product names and services displayed on the Sustainable Homes website are trading styles, brand names and trademarks of Sustainable Homes. Other words, icons, symbols, devices and logos appearing on the Sustainable Homes website and its pages may be the trademarks of other legal entities or individuals. All such trademarks are acknowledged by Sustainable Homes.
Linking to this Site
Sustainable Homes is prepared to consider granting consent on merit to requests from third parties to create a link from another website or webpage to certain pages on the Sustainable Homes website. Such consent is required. You may freely create and use ‘Bookmark’ links to unrestricted webages on the Sustainable Homes website in your Web browser.
Website Service Interruption
Sustainable Homes makes every effort to keep the Sustainable Homes website operational. However, certain technical difficulties may, from time to time, result in temporary service interruptions. The user agrees not to hold Sustainable Homes liable for any of the consequences of such interruptions.
Limitations of liability
Sustainable Homes website is provided “AS IS”, without warranty of any kind. Sustainable Homes assumes no responsibility for any damage or loss caused by material included in the pages or modification of the material, or for damages caused by inability to use or access the pages. Sustainable Homes reserves the right to revise the pages or withdraw access to them at its discretion. No warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is made in relation to the availability, accuracy, reliability or content of Sustainable Homes website. Sustainable Homes shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, lost profits or for business interruption arising out of the use of or inability to use this service, even if Sustainable Homes has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of certain warranties or limitations of liability, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. The liability of Sustainable Homes would in such case be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
When booking a Sustainable Homes’ event (including course, training, workshop, conference etc) your acceptance of these terms and conditions confirms the intention of the named delegate(s) to attend the booked event, and that the course/attendance fee, if applicable, is payable to Sustainable Homes Limited by the organisation (or individual) making the course/event booking prior to the commencement of the course.
Payments can be made by cheque, phone or BACS. Payment details are included in the invoice. Payment must be completed before the event.
Cancellation, transfer & refunds policy
In the event that you need to cancel or amend your booking, please confirm your cancellation in writing (email or letter). Charges will apply as follows:
Cancellation – Cancellations will be accepted and fully refunded if notice is received until 60 days before the event date. There is a cancellation charge of 50% of the booking fee if cancelled within three weeks of the course start date. This rises to 100% if cancellation is within one week of the course start date.
Substitute delegate – In the event that the named delegate(s) is(are) unable to attend and a substitute delegate is being sent in their place, please notify us in writing (email, letter or fax) to arrive 48 hours before the course commences. There is no admin charge associated with substituting delegates.
Cancellation & transfer policy: all other courses
In the event that you need to cancel or transfer your booking, please confirm your cancellation in writing (email, letter or fax). Cancellations made within 15 working days of the event date will be charged the full fee.
Change of course date
Sustainable Homes reserves the right to reschedule training courses and assessment programmes if necessary. Should we have to cancel, then an alternative date will be offered or a full refund will be made. However, Sustainable Homes will accept no responsibility for any abortive travel or accomodation costs.
By submitting your entry to the SHIFT Awards 2018 you confirm your agreement to the following terms and conditions.
1. The Awards are open to organisations in the housing sector that have a substantial base in the UK, or where the product or service is marketed within the UK. These organisations include: housing associations, private landlords, developers, contractors, suppliers, consultants, architects and other partnerships. These are expected to be able to demonstrate commitment and impactful achievements in the housing sector. Individuals and micro enterprises are also invited to enter the Awards.
2. You may enter one or more of the categories.
3. The summary of your entry may be published as part of a report on the Awards. Entrants may, however, highlight parts of their entry ‘not for publication’, such as exact budget figures/financial results etc.
4. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry not accompanied by the appropriate supporting documentation.
5. Only entries made through the online system will be accepted.
6. The SHIFT Awards reserves the right to withdraw an entry from the judging process at any time if the entry is deemed inappropriate for any reason.
7. The shortlisted organisations will be announced in September 2018.
8. The person named on the entry form will be the person contacted by the SHIFT Awards organisers if they are successfully shortlisted or they are the category winner, unless stated otherwise in writing to the organisers.
10. The winners and commends of each category will be officially announced at the presentation of the Awards on 29th November 2018; under no circumstances will the details be disclosed before that time.
11. Finalists and winners will be allowed to refer to the fact that they are finalists or winners and use the SHIFT Awards logo to be provided by the organisers in their own publicity materials.
12. For bookings to attend the SHIFT Awards on the 29th November in London, an invoice will be sent by email and via post. Please provide Sustainable Homes with relevant details if needed.
13. Ticket cancellations and refunds. Cancellations will be accepted and fully refunded until the 29th September and a 50% refund is possible up to 11th October. After this date refunds will not be available.
Sustainable Homes Limited
17 Marina Place,
Kingston upon Thames KT1 4BH
020 8973 0429