National Conference | Looking ahead: the future of sustainability and housing | Birmingham
September 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Looking ahead: the future of sustainability and housing
The last two years have seen a lot of doom and gloom around the sector. The rent cut, Brexit and general uncertainty about the future has meant that sustainability has taken a back seat. But now is the time to move beyond the negativity and look ahead to how you should be using sustainability to deliver value for money, much needed efficiencies and quality customer service.
At Looking ahead: the future of sustainability and housing we will consolidate a number of themes Sustainable Homes is working on into one accessible event. This year is about looking ahead and setting a positive standard for sustainability within housing. Whether this is through technology being able to deliver value for money; better scrutiny of your contractor and maintenance supply chains to realise savings or understanding how you can deliver effectively on modular construction this year’s conference will deliver different, more usable outcomes whether you are a Sustainability Manager or Head of Finance.
What’s new in 2017?
- Insightful keynote sessions with real, replicable case studies
- New focused streams delivering practical sessions on key topics areas addressing current challenges and unveiling opportunities aimed at helping you achieve efficiencies and value for money
- The Emerging innovation hub showcasing breakthrough technologies or services that can offer significant advantages to housing providers
- The opportunity to network with people that matter, from housing and sustainability facing the same challenges to the right suppliers and other stakeholders in a relaxed environment
This is going to be our largest National Conference – you can’t miss it!
- Looking ahead in the policy landscape: what to expect and how to plan
- Sustainable finance and how the housing sector can and should exploit it
- Future challenges and opportunities for the housing sector: innovation and standards
- Getting more from your resources
- The role of technology in delivering value for money
- Breaking the barriers through supply chain engagement
- The silent revolution: new methods of construction
Emerging Innovation hub
Showcasing breakthrough technologies or services that can offer significant advantages to housing providers.
By attending Looking Ahead you will get:
- Policy insight and analysis reflecting the recent White Paper and the approach to housing
- Ways to cut travel expenses, carbon emissions and costs
- The right approach to take in metering and billing that saves residents and your organisation money
- Where BIM has been used to rectify serious issues in building projects
- How to access responsible and sustainable funding to deliver housing projects
- Meeting responsible suppliers, appropriate for your organisation
- High quality analysis to help in your day to day role
Practical sessions case study-focused on housing’s hot topics
Breakout session 1 | Getting more from your resources
Breakout session 2 | The role of technology in delivering value for money
Breakout session 3 | Breaking the barriers through supply chain engagement
Breakout session 4 | The silent revolution: new methods of construction
Emerging innovation hub
You’ll have the opportunity to meet the trailbrazers delivering new technology and services that are offering significant advantages to housing providers and residents
Join us in Birmingham for a day packed with interesting topics, practical breakout sessions, experienced speakers and networking
Jenny HillHead of Buildings and Bioenergy, Committee on Climate Change
Looking ahead in the policy landscape: what to expect and how to plan
Ian BurrowHead of Agriculture and Renewable Energy, RBS
Why a low carbon future is important
Rebecca HazlewoodCSR Manager, Flagship Housing Group
Championing sustainability in housing
Gwyn RobertsHomes and Communities Team Leader, BRE
Building standards: where do we go now?
Noel BrosnanDirector of Asset Management, Octavia Housing
Ian NapierChief Commercial Officer, Switchee
Alice HillWater Efficiency Project Coordinator, Thames Water
Andrew TuckerWater Efficiency Manager, Thames Water
Looking ahead: the future of sustainability and housing is kindly sponsored by
Connect with us. Join the conversation.