- Outstanding response to 2016 SHIFT Awards shows sector continues to strive for housing excellence
- Willmott Dixon Energy Services joins British Gas and Texo Drones as sponsors of the only sustainability awards in housing
Sustainable Homes is delighted to announce Willmott Dixon Energy Services as this year’s headline sponsor for the SHIFT Awards, the sustainability awards for the housing sector. Willmott Dixon Energy Services are part of one of the biggest companies in the construction and property sector in the UK, Willmott Dixon’s wide reach means that over 90% of the UK population is never more than a mile from one of their projects.
Widely acknowledged as a sustainability driven business, particularly through recent prestigious awards as the BusinessGreen Leader and Constructions News, Willmott Dixon have been carbon neutral since 2012. Through Willmott Dixon Energy Services, the group has been supporting the housing sector towards delivering warm and affordable homes. The sponsorship is part of Willmott Dixon’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and responsibility.
Bevan Jones, Managing Director of Sustainable Homes, said that in these challenging times it is important to recognise the great progress in sustainability within the housing sector that is making a genuine difference to the lives of ordinary people:
I am very pleased to have Willmott Dixon Energy Services as headline sponsor for this year’s SHIFT Awards. It´s vital that SHIFT landlords work with those who not only deliver sustainability, but also live it. Willmott Dixon lead by example, by reducing their carbon emissions in their business and supply chains and striving for better environmental performance.
Rob Lambe, Managing Director of Willmott Dixon Energy Services said:
We are delighted to be headline sponsor of the SHIFT awards. At Willmott Dixon Energy Services we believe it is important to recognise and celebrate achievements made by improving the environment and quality of life of residents in the housing sector. Good luck to all those organisations that have been shortlisted.
SHIFT is the environmental accreditation for the housing sector. The SHIFT Awards are the only awards that focus on housing and sustainability. The awards put the spotlight on projects that make a real difference to people’s lives.
Sustainable Homes, who deliver SHIFT Accreditation, have promised that this year’s awards event in central London in November will pull out all the stops to celebrate the success of great innovations and best practice within the housing sector.
Sustainable Homes is also delighted to announce Marcus Brigstocke as this year´s compere, following in the footsteps of Lord John Prescott, who presented last year’s awards and said:
“This is not all about big bucks investment – it’s as much as about people, be that staff or be that residents. Those on board take a long term view of sustainability, and we know that the benefits are far more than just reducing the size of their carbon footprint. Sustainable homes are healthier, warmer and cheaper to run – and above all, nicer to live in.”
Across fourteen categories open to the housing sector, including two dragon’s den categories, this year will also celebrate the achievements of SHIFT landlords which will receive their accreditation at the ceremony as well.
Sustainable Homes is also pleased to announce that joining Willmott Dixon´s support in this prestigious awards event is British Gas and Texo Drones.
Got your tickets yet? You can book your place here. Don’t miss out!
Notes to editors:
- The awards will take place on 24 November at Gibson Hall, London. For ticket bookings and sponsorship opportunities visit SHIFT Awards 2016.
- SHIFT is the sustainability standard for the housing sector and is provided by Sustainable Homes and supported by the HCA and Government. It is an independent assessment and accreditation scheme that demonstrates organisations are delivering against challenging environmental targets.
- Achieving SHIFT accreditation is evidence that an organisation is not only committed to improving sustainability but is backing its words with action. SHIFT drives change by providing organisations with recommendations for improvement and comparing their performance against their peers. SHIFT helps organisations improve the quality of life for their residents and staff through higher quality homes and offices.
- Sustainable Homes is a not-for-profit consultancy and research body, providing advice and assistance to the housing sector
- For further information please contact Joana Malato 020 8973 0405 email@example.com