Join the Sustainable Homes team
Join the campaigning consultancy Sustainable Homes and improve people’s quality of life. Our mission is for every home to encourage more sustainable lives. Sustainable Homes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Position: Sustainability and marketing intern, Sustainable Homes
Sustainable Homes is currently looking for a dynamic and energetic intern, who are keen to use their skills and knowledge to improve sustainability in the built environment. The position is for a minimum period of 4 months and is to provide support to the Marketing and Communications Officer.
You can be part of the change and develop your skills at an award winning and influential consultancy. You will work on an array of sustainability issues and be exposed to a fast changing and growing sector which is a real opportunity to grow professionally, as well as personally.
The key areas of responsibilities:
- Working with the team on leading research - data collection and analysis
- Assisting with sustainability accreditation assessments and consultancy work
- Writing content to support the sustainability agenda in the sector – blog articles, communication emails, ebulletins
- Organising and scheduling blog releases
- Coordinating and monitoring social media activities – scouring news and updates in the sustainability and housing sector and collaborating with staff to promote messages, ensuring alignment with corporate message and image
- Use creative thinking and initiative in making recommendations to improve social media messages and processes
- Improving website content to support performance targets
- Help deliver award winning conferences and events
Applicants must have an interest in the built environment. Masters in environmental, housing or construction (or similar subject) is highly desirable. Good communication and knowledge of social media is an asset. Experience working in a consultancy, Housing Association or Local Authority is advantageous.
We are looking for a motivated intern to help us further develop our brand. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 months placement. You will be required to work five days per week from 9am to 5pm. A £64 daily stipend is paid.
To apply for this position, please forward the following to email@example.com:
- CV and a covering letter with a summary outlining your marketing-related experience and sustainability interest.